If you are planning to start your career as a Certified Flight Instructor, Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) No 73 states that in order to teach in a Robinson R22/R44, you NEED 200 hours of flight time in a helicopter. If you received training with a simulator, while valuable, you may find that you need to pay for additional flight hours in order to meet the 200 flight hour requirement.
Our training programs include ONLY actual flight hours, not simulator training. If you are seeking training elsewhere that offers simulator training, be sure to also ask for pricing that includes actual flight hours.
- Complete the Private Pilot Helicopter course.
- Hold an FAA medical certificate.
- Pass an FAA knowledge test.
- Pass an FAA practical (oral and flight) test.
- Obtain 110 hours flight time of which 90 are to be logged as pilot-in-command.
- Obtain 5 hours of Instrument Flight Instruction (In R22).
|1. 15 hours of dual instruction.|
|2. 90 hours solo practice.|
|3. 25 hours of ground instruction.|
|4. 5 hours Instrumental dual instruction|