HeliStream, Inc.’s Commercial Pilot Program continues the pilot’s training to focus on a better understanding of the aircraft systems and a higher standard of airmanship. The Commercial Pilot Certificate allows you to conduct commercial helicopter flights for compensation or hire. With the guidance from our high-time instructors, the student pilot will gain the experience and preparation needed to launch a career as a professional helicopter pilot.
- Complete the Private Pilot Helicopter course.
- Hold an FAA medical certificate.
- Pass an FAA knowledge test.
- Pass an FAA practical (oral and flight) test.
- Obtain 110 hours flight time of which 90 are to be logged as pilot-in-command.
- Obtain 5 hours of Instrument Flight Instruction (In R22).
- 15 hours of dual instruction.
- 90 hours solo practice.
- 25 hours of ground instruction.
- 5 hours Instrumental dual instruction