HeliStream, Inc.’s Instrument Rating Program is designed to meet the challenges of flying a helicopter in adverse weather conditions. With our Robinson R22, equipped with an Instrument panel, the student is able to log in actual Instrument time rather than Simulator time; this allows the student pilot to gain more familiarity flying under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). Without the Instrument Rating the pilot will be restricted to fly in Visual Flight Restrictions (VFR). While the rating is not required, it is beneficial for safety and employment purposes.
- Hold a private pilot helicopter certificate.
- Hold a valid medical certificate.
- Pass an FAA written examination.
- Pass an FAA oral and flight test.
- Obtain 40 hours of instrument training.
- 40 hours instrument flight instruction.
- 40 hours ground instruction.