Helicopter Training School
If you are planning to start your career as a Certified Flight Instructor, Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) No 73 states that in order to teach in a Robinson R22/R44, you NEED 200 hours of flight time in a helicopter. If you received training with a simulator, while valuable, you may find that you need to pay for additional flight hours in order to meet the 200 flight hour requirement.
Our training programs include ONLY actual flight hours, not simulator training. If you are seeking training elsewhere that offers simulator training, be sure to also ask for pricing that includes actual flight hours.
(619) 448-2540 San Diego
- Private Pilot
- Commercial Pilot
- Certified Flight Instructor
- Instrument Instructor
- Airline Transport Pilot
- Turbine Transition
- External Load
- High Altitude Mountain Training
- Pilot Refresher Training
- Night Vision Goggle Training
- HeliStream is one of the few helicopter flight training schools in California with a pilot examiner on staff. This means convenience and availability when the student is ready for his or her check ride. We’ve found that our students are more confident when tested in familiar airspace and surroundings.
- HeliStream is an FAA-approved written exam testing site. Whereas most students at other helicopter flight training schools take their written exams elsewhere, HeliStream students can conveniently take their written exams onsite.
- Co-owners, Rod Anderson and Barbara Perrin, are U.S. Army-trained helicopter pilots. Their extensive military experience greatly contributes to a comprehensive level of instruction that is not available at other helicopter flight training schools in California.
- Students never have to wait to start their training or schedule a lesson at HeliStream. Our experienced staff, along with a large fleet of well-maintained helicopters, ensures that students progress at their own pace without unnecessary delays.
- Students at HeliStream receive organized, structured training. In fact, students at HeliStream receive a syllabus that includes a timeline of their instruction. This approach produces a more thorough, efficient training process.
- HeliStream’s location offers an advantage over other helicopter flight training schools because of California’s unique and diverse terrain. Students gain experience flying over desert, mountains, and urban areas. These skills are essential for a well-rounded helicopter pilot, and HeliStream students are well-prepared at the start of their careers.
- Safety is our top priority at HeliStream. Our extensive, experienced maintenance staff ensures that each helicopter is kept in optimum, airworthy condition. Our students have the confidence of knowing that potential maintenance concerns are quickly addressed by our full-time maintenance staff.
- Training is conducted on a one-on-one basis so that a student can progress at his or her own pace. In addition, HeliStream can tailor training programs to suit the student’s needs and schedule.
- Call HeliStream to schedule an enrollment date.
- Visit our office to complete the necessary paperwork to complete your enrollment.
- Schedule your first day of flight school!